Sunday, September 11, 2011

Shoprite, CVS, Rite Aid 9/11

First of all, I want to start this blog by saying that I wish peace to those effected by September 11th.  It is hard to image that this tragic event occurred 10 years ago because it seems like it was just yesterday.  I recall being at the doctor office for bronchitis when everything happened.  The entire waiting room was glued to the television in shock.  Later that night, I went for a walk with my then boyfriend, and it was somewhat of a walk appreciating what we had and taking in the moment knowing that we were alive and mourning for the losses our country incurred.

I would love to hear your story.  Please post a comment and tell me yours. Rest in Peace to those killed 10 years ago today.

Moving on to the shopping trip.  Today was an excellent day.  I purchased many high value items. We'll start with... Rite Aid and CVS!

Everything in this picture cost me $3.14 out of pocket!  HOT DEAL


 Rite Aid Transaction:
2 Colgate Optic $3.99 sale ($1.50 UPR each)
1 Caldensene Powder $4.99 sale ($4.00 UPR)
1 Bayer Asp $2.99 on sale ($1.00 UPR)
1 beef stick (filler) $0.50

Coupons used:
(2) $1.50/1 Colgate Optic
$1/1 Caldensene product
$2.00/1 Bayer product

Total: $16.46 - 6.00 coupons - $10.00 UPR = $0.52 (adjust tax) OOP + $13.00 UPR ($5.00 bonus oral products)

CVS Transaction:
2 Airwick I Motion Kits $4.99 sale
1 St Joe Asprin $2.00 sale
2 Bengay Pain Heat Relief $5.49 each on sale
1 CVS Allergy med 5 tab $3.69 sale
Ritz Crackerful $2.50 sale
2 Hersey Mounds 8 pk $0.99 sale
2pk Tumbler set $2.49 reg 75% off (filler)

Coupons used:
(2) $4.00/1 Airwick I Motion (this is in 9/11 Sunday paper!! and is a money maker.  See end)
$ 1/1 St Joe Asprin
(2) $5.00/2 Bengay
Free Ritz from coupon Machine (-$2.50)

Total: $31.76 - $21.50 coupons - $6.99 = $3.46 (adjust tax) OOP + $3.69 ECB!

1) I should have received my $5.00 ecb and did not yet.  I have to call Monday
2) When you buy $20 worth of home products (Airwick for example) you get $10.00 ECB
The deal behind this is 4 Airwick I Motion @ 4.99 each - 4 (4/1 Airwick 9/11 smartsource) = $3.96 out of pocket and receive $10.00 UPR (Money Maker!!!!).  CVS just did not have enough.  I have to go back Wed to get 2 more for my $10 ECB.  This is common with CVS.


And of course..last but not least:

Shoprite Shopping Trip (not broken down like others):



Retail: $134.29
(16 Yo Crunch)
(4 Hillshire Deli Meats)
(4 Ragu Alfredo Sauce)
(2 Kandoo Kids Shampoo)
(1 Kandoo Kids Body Wash)
(3 Kandoo Flushable Wipes)
(4 Pillsbury Cresent Rolls)
(3 Pillsbury Grands Biscuits)
(4 large jars of Smuckers Strawberry Jelly)
(2Kotex pads overnights)
(1 Kashi Cinnamon Cereal)
(4 International Delight Creamer)
(2 Choreboy Sponge)
(3 Boxes Japanese Tempura Batter Mix)
(1 Loaf 100% whole wheat)


Total out of pocket: $39.00 with $3.00 off next order!

See Living Rich with Coupons for match-ups! :)







3 comments:

  1. I love reading about your shopping trips. I wish I could prioritize and do better with matching coupons to sales. Part of my issue is that I prefer organic and natural items which rarely go on sale and most never have coupons. I find myself just shopping at Trader Joe's for ease and convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living Rich with Coupons has match-ups for Whole Foods and Trader Joes as well! You are right though, organic and natural items are not on sale very often! I wish that was different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t have time to worry about who doesn’t like me. I’m too busy loving people who love me.

    ReplyDelete